You can be a valuable asset to your baby boomer clients and gain two sales in the process.
We’ve seen the reported spike in capturing the business-owner market in journals and media. The increased attention is because the United States has 10,000 new baby boomers each day, and some of these boomers are business owners ready to exit from their business. According to the 2007 Census, the U.S. has over 3.7 million businesses in the U.S. of which 1.3 million are family-owned, which represent $3.2 trillion in sales1.
This creates a huge opportunity for your practice. Of those family owned businesses, nearly 1 million don’t have a succession plan in place2 – equating to tens of thousands of family businesses in your state which need assistance — so this market is wide open for the taking.
These business owners are in dire need of help to transition from their businesses and think through the most critical part of their retirement. Life insurance can be a critical tool to reduce estate taxes and pass the business to the next generation. And, after the transition, the business owner’s revenue stream for the next year or more can be the largest revenue stream of their lives. A business owner’s exit strategy presents a great opportunity for you to help them create an income stream for the remainder of their lives and capture significant annuity sales. Providing boomers with solutions for taxes, their legacy and their retirement income positions you to be a valued business partner.
Creative Marketing is ready to help you step into this boomer market. We’re partnering with a contributing writer of Forbes magazine, Steve Parrish, JD3, CLU®, ChFC® who has more than 35 years of experience as an attorney and financial planner. Steve is also a National Advanced Solutions Director with Principal Financial Group® in Des Moines, IA. He’s worked with hundreds of business owners to solve problems, exit their businesses and/or retain their top talent. In the upcoming months, you’ll hear Steve’s opinion on current events and about his experiences to help you tackle this business market with self-assurance.
We’ll also equip you with tools and resources to build your confidence in this market and be an advocate for your business owner clients. Call your Life Sales Teams to gain access to resources on capturing the business owner market and position yourself as a valued advisor with these:
- Non-carrier branded customizable client-ready Business Succession Readiness Questionnaire
- Advantages and Considerations of Buy Sell Agreements
- Guide to Business Succession Planning
Call your Creative Sales Team today and tackle this niche market. 800.992.2642
- Source: 2007 Census
- LIMRA International, Small Business Owners 2005 Report
- While this communication may be used to promote or market a transaction or an idea that is discussed in the publication, it is intended to provide general information about the subject matter covered and is provided with the understanding that the author is not rendering legal, accounting, or tax advice. It is not a marketed opinion and may not be used to avoid penalties under the Internal Revenue Code. You should consult with appropriate counsel or other advisors on all matters pertaining to legal, tax, or accounting obligations and requirements. *JD is an educational degree and the holder does not provide legal services on behalf of the companies of the Principal Financial Group.
FOR AGENT USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE WITH THE GENERAL PUBLIC. 12806 – 2013/5/3