Facebook’s annual conference (F8) was held earlier this month and they covered it all—future trends, technology, news, and security. You don’t have time to go through everything they covered so we did it for you!
Facebook can be your best friend or your worst enemy. It’s all up to you and how you decide to use it. We like to think of Facebook as an extension of your business, a way for you to reach more people with your work and communicate instantaneously.
Below are key takeaways we are keeping an eye on when it comes to the future of Facebook for business…
Groups (a.k.a. “Your Community”)
- What’s going on? Back in March, Facebook announced that business pages would now be able to join groups. This means that as a business you can provide insight, gain market research, and communicate with your community all within a single group. Groups are quickly becoming Facebook’s “favorite child” as they move to the top of your newsfeed with the FB5 update.
- What does this mean for you? Not only will you be able to access groups more easily, but you will now see more content from groups you are a part of in your newsfeed as you scroll and scroll…and scroll. This also means that Facebook is focusing on the group content and creating specific features for different industry groups. Take the healthcare industry. Facebook is testing out removing names of members who ask a question in a health-type or support group.
- Our takeaway? Groups can be a medium for thought leadership. Engage in relevant groups by asking and responding to questions and taking note of the content people are looking for. And then go and create that content knowing your market is hungry for it. You will now be at the top of news feeds so make sure you’re taking advantage of that prime real estate.
Messenger (a.k.a. “Your Connection”)
- What’s going on? Facebook knows they have work to do when it comes to privacy. Enter, the new Messenger. The goal is to create more private communications and create closer bonds between people and businesses—and to do it in a way that makes it easier for people to navigate, connect, and talk.
- How are they taking it to the next level? Lead generation and appointment setting. Facebook is testing out new ways to implement lead-generation templates with automated question-and-answer flows in Messenger. Capitalizing on those leads? Of course, with the appointment setting feature, customers can see a businesses availability and book an appointment right then and there.
- What does this mean for you? People want answers and directions right away. You can now gather leads and set appointments through messenger within minutes. These two features help you close the gap from a lead to a prospect to a client.
As with anything, there will be hiccups with these new features and testing is taking place now with the goal of rolling out all features within the year. We know we only touched the surface with the updates and that you’ll have questions on how to implement them into your marketing plan. That’s why we’re here to help.
Reach out to your CreativeOne team today and find out how you can take your business to the next level with Facebook.