SMS marketing has become a popular way for businesses to approach potential prospects without being intrusive or seem “pesky.” Recently, text messaging has proven its superiority as a communication platform. It’s accessible, fast and multifunctional.
Using text messaging to market to your clients and prospects can be an effective way to inform them of any upcoming seminar or workshop events, changes in the market and milestone checkups. It’s an effective approach because most consumers are on their phone for at least two hours a day, so they are bound to see your message—regardless of whether or not they act on it.
Not convinced that you need to adopt and SMS strategy in your marketing plan? Here are 21 mind-blowing statistics that might change your mind:
- Over 389 billion text messages are sent monthly.
- 95 to 98 percent of texts are read immediately.
- 86 percent of consumers send and receive texts every week.
- 30 percent of consumers interact with a brand via text message.
- 80 percent of internet users use a mobile device.
- 71 percent of marketers consider mobile to be a core mechanic.
- 65 percent of smartphone owners check their phones within 15 minutes of waking up.
- By 2018, mobile video will represent 69 percent of mobile traffic.
- 75 percent of smartphone owners watch mobile video.
- 92 percent of mobile viewers share their videos.
- 71 percent of users engage social media via smartphone.
- 91 percent of adults have instant access to a smartphone.
- 48 percent of consumer begin mobile research through a search engine.
- Mobile apps account for 89 percent of mobile media time.
- 52 percent of companies are using a simple mobile marketing
- 68 percent of businesses have fully integrated with mobile
- 85 percent of users state mobile devices are integral to everyday life.
- 89 percent of users consider smartphones important for relaying social events.
- 54 percent of all phones are smartphones.
- 64 percent of consumers think businesses should converse via SMS more often.
- 52 percent of successful mobile offers are time sensitive.
At CreativeOne, we pride ourselves on staying ahead of the competition with the latest trends in marketing. That’s why we already provide the option to registrants for our Facebook Seminars to receive text message reminders of your events.
If you’re interested in starting to incorporate text messaging into your overall digital marketing plan, give us a call. Our Digital team can help you develop a strategy to meet your unique needs.