On April 14, 2015, the Department of Labor (DOL) issued their long-awaited and hotly debated fiduciary rule. The proposed rule is the department’s latest attempt to protect investors from conflicting investment advice and toughen the standards for advisors working with retirement income. However, many of the details of the new rule are confusing and leave advisors wondering:
- What’s next?
- How will the DOL fiduciary rule impact me and my business?
Join us for this informative webinar featuring insights and analysis from Chip Anderson, executive director of the National Association of Fixed Annuities (NAFA). Chip has been following the proposed rule from its inception and has some powerful insights into its possible effects on not only the industry, but the general public.
Thursday, February 25, 2016 10:30 a.m. CST
8:30 a.m. PST | 9:30 a.m. MST | 11:30 a.m. EST
Our discussion will include:
- The old and new definition of “fiduciary.”
- Timeline on the rule, what led up to its creation and an in-depth look on how we get here.
- Concerns with the DOL’s proposed fiduciary duty rule for annuities sold in qualified plans.
- Where things go from here.
FOR FINANCIAL PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE WITH THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
CP-0712 – 2016/02/16